NMBC Announces New Financing Initiative for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
Dear NMBC Member:
The National Minority Business Council is pleased to announce a new, major financing initiative designed to assist small and medium-sized enterprises in obtaining ‘permanent’ funding to grow their businesses.
The Council is partnering with a substantial private equity/ venture capital investment fund working to provide equity financing for qualified companies. This assistance will be in the form of Alternative Public Offerings (“APOs”), an attractive alternative to the traditional costly and time-consuming IPO approach. If your company meets the following criteria you may be eligible for this program:
- A minimum of three years of continuous operations
- Financial statements for the past two years prepared by an outside accountant
- Revenues of $3,000,000 per year or more
- Profitable operations in the past year
- Doing business in the following growth sectors: healthcare and biomedical, information technology, water pollution control, clean/green energy or infrastructure
The mechanics of the APO program are straightforward. You would merge your company into a clean public vehicle with its stock already listed either on the NYSE – AMEX or the Bulletin Board. Simultaneously we would provide the required equity financing to enable your business to move forward. This equity financing would be in the range of $2 million to $10 million depending on the size and type of company being financed. Unlike the typical private equity or venture fund we would NOT demand majority control of a firm we are financing.
There will be significant benefits to you and your firm – a few of these are:
- An infusion of permanent capital
- Control of a public company which will enable you to raise additional capital or acquire other businesses
- Publicly traded stock which will enhance your ability to hire high-talent personnel
- You will have stock which can be sold in the market at the appropriate time to provide liquidity for you and your family
If you believe your business might benefit from this Program please fill out the attached Questionnaire and forward to the NMBC at INFO@NMBC.ORG attn: John F. Robinson. We believe that this may be the best time for a company to take itself public to be ready for the improvement in the economy that is sure to happen in the next five to six months. Please consider this financial program as a way of taking your business to the next level. Any questions about this program please feel free to call me at the NMBC telephone number: (212) 693-5050.
John F. Robinson
John F. Robinson
President & CEO